California Department of Veterans Affairs (CALVET)
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE'RE DOING
The California Department of Veterans Affairs (CalVet) works to serve California’s 1.8 million Veterans and their families. CalVet strives to ensure Veterans and their families receive the state and federal benefits and services they earned and deserve as a result of selfless and honorable military service. CalVet’s vision is to be the state’s leading advocate and resource so Veterans and their families can achieve the highest quality of life. Since 2003, CalVet constructed five new Veterans Homes (Fresno, Lancaster, Redding, Ventura and West Los Angeles for a total increase in square footage of 923,886 sq. ft) to better serve our Veterans. The line graph reflects an increase in energy use and greenhouse gas emissions as a result of providing care for hundreds of additional Veteran residents living in our new Homes.
The following is a list of facilities for this agency or department.
- CALIFORNIA VETERANS HOME, BARSTOW
- CALIFORNIA VETERANS HOME, CHULA VISTA
- CALIFORNIA VETERANS HOME, FRESNO
- CALIFORNIA VETERANS HOME, LANCASTER
- CALIFORNIA VETERANS HOME, REDDING
- CALIFORNIA VETERANS HOME, VENTURA
- CALIFORNIA VETERANS HOME, WEST LOS ANGELES
- CALIFORNIA VETERANS HOME, YOUNTVILLE
- CDVA HEADQUARTERS
- NORTHERN CALIFORNIA VETERANS CEMETERY
1 Not all facilities may be listed here for this agency.
progress through 2019
CALENDAR YEAR 2019